flexword Translators & Consultants is a professional, internationally operating language service provider with locations in Germany, the US, the UK and Serbia. We deal with customers from the fields of industry, business, science and research and state institutions on a daily basis.
Our global translator network of around 6,500 highly trained translators and proofreaders allows flexword to offer translations exclusively by specialist native speakers who are professional and experienced translators. For this reason, flexword has stood for top-class translations, professional order processing, customer focus, flexibility and on-time delivery for more than 25 years.
After another record turnover in 2017 and continuous further development of high technological standards in 2018, we are continuing with our strong growth, including e.g. the expansion in the Asian region (Chinese (Hong Kong) and Korean market). To reinforce our London office team, flexword Limited is currently hiring for the following position:
Experienced Translation Project Coordinator (KOR/JA/ZH native, EN, DE), London
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing assigned enquiries, especially of subprojects focusing on translations from or into Asian languages
- Clarifying customer requirements and discussing them with the Head of Project Management or Senior Project Manager in order to organise and coordinate tasks and resources needed for the assigned subprojects
- Researching Asian translators taking into account prices and availability
- Assisting in managing translation and localisation subprojects with CAT tools (SDL Trados, Across and MemoQ etc.)
- Reporting regularly subproject status to Head of Project Management or Senior Project Managers
- Assisting and supporting the Head of Project Management and (Senior) Project Managers in their daily duties
- Taking on administrative duties, like maintaining and updating company database and project documentation, storing translated documents etc.
- Taking on assigned post production quality assurance checks, translation memory and terminology maintenance
- Customer service (customer satisfaction, complaints)
- Excellent English language skills (C2 level)
- Korean, Japanese, Chinese native or near native level (C2)
- German language skills (BA required)
- At least 3 years of experience in translation or localisation services, editing and customer service
- Extensive experience with CAT tools such as SDL Trados Studio, Across, memoQ etc.
- Experience in translation memory and terminology maintenance
- Experience in gaming localization projects and transcreation
- Excellent IT level in Microsoft Office and other Microsoft based applications
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Must work accurately with attention to detail
- Committed and ambitious
- Self-motivated, confident and resilient
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in translation studies, or linguistic, business, IT / media design related field
- Experience in the translation industry
- Experience in other CAT tools (e.g. Xbench, matecat) is an advantage
- Experience with InDesign, FrameMaker is an advantage
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
IN RETURN, WE OFFER
- Permanent employment contract
- Competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- An international, multilingual working environment
- Secure employment with a stable, growing employer
- Extensive training and support during the induction phase
- A diverse range of tasks and career development opportunities
- Cutting edge technology to ensure better outcomes
- A working environment characterised by collegiality and mutual respect
flexword is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking forward to your application by 25 August 2019. Please submit your application letter, CV and references.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 to £30,000.00 per year
flexword Limited • Moor Place, 4th Floor • 1 Fore Street Avenue • London, EC2Y 9DT• United Kingdom